Sunday, June 21, 2009

End Of My Vacation

Let the madness begin. Tomorrow is the first day of the CELTA course, which means my social life will probably be mia for the next four weeks. I have to go to bed soon, since I have to be up in five hours, but I wanted to post a few pictures. I took another trip through my neighborhood and found this little buddhist temple hidden away:


Here I met a friendly monk, Thien, who invited me to join for lunch. I had already eaten but said yes anyways. Good food, and apparently they can eat chicken, which I thought was against their religion. Thien and I exchanged numbers[apparently monks can have cellphones, too?] so that we could have coffee and help each other learn our respective languages.


[Thien serves me tea]

I spent yesterday helping Natasha look at locations for her new school in An Phu[sort of a French expat district] and found and signed a lease on a place that day, as well as organized the entire redecoration of the space. It's really interesting to see first hand how somebody starts a business here. Everything here is done so fast, Natasha even plans to start classes there in two weeks! I'll put some before and after shots of the place when everything is done so you can see what I mean. In the meantime, enjoy these shots of my mechanics working on my bike, again.


[D4 Represent]


[Eating on the job]

That's all for now. Wish me luck tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment