Friday, February 18, 2011

Once Bitten, Twice Bitten...

Ride Cafe's house cat indicated with its forehead against my knuckles that it was petting time. I was wary of this crooked-tailed puss for it was a reputed biter. But wanting something to pet I cautiously gave in and moved my hand from head to neck once, twice then neck to tail a few times before moving to some kitty pressure points, which I massaged in circular motions. A tried and true recipe for a purr.
The cat then took a couple steps out of my reach and faced me. Her eyes widened, ears tilted back and muscles tightened. I felt myself becoming apprehensive. The feline pounced harmlessly onto my lap and dug her head into my palm, which I had raised instinctively to protect my face. Relieved that her intentions weren't malicious, I let her get comfortable and nap on my lap while stroking her with one hand and reading my book with the other. It was a good half hour later when she adjusted her position into a sphinx and discreetly bit me above the knee. She was evicted immediately and without courtesy. Landing on her feet she was in no rush to depart. She looked back at me calmly, as if to say, "I'll be back again, and you will let me." She then turned towards the entrance and strutted off.

No comments:

Post a Comment