Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Short Acting Career

A lot of posts from me this month, a good way to start the year I think.

Daphne and I went to a themed potluck on Saturday called Latitudinal Cuisine. It originated in the UK and has spread to our humble Siagon. The basis is that you choose a Latitude or Longitude and everyone brings a dish from one of the countries that lies on the line. This week we did Longitude 15E. Presentations are made, stories are told and then very delicious food is eaten.
Daphne made Scandinavian open faced sandwich with a Singaporean twist that disappeared fast. I made an Earl Grey mateani, which I based on the fact that Earl Grey tea is flavoured with bergamot oranges which are grown in Italy, one of the countries on the list. Another dish from Italy that was very popular was this chocolate 'sausage', a massive cylinder of chocolate and nougat. Our host, Antonia, is an artist and had the idea to do stop motion film while we ate, drank and made merry. Below is a video she put together of the event. The pig sailing on the waves is my contribution. Enjoy:



Another video for your consideration. Every Christmas, my school, ILA, has its different centers compete against each other in a short film competition. I briefly acted in it and it actually turned out very good. Check it out. Oh, but look at this first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66J5vD-JB4
It's a short ILA commercial that the movie parodies in the beginning. It's better to get the inside joke, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment