Sunday, May 31, 2009

Goodnight America

On my last full day in the U.S. I got a going away present of two ticks on the back of either leg. If I'm lucky neither of them gave me lyme disease. I've been in VA the last week with family, mostly taking it easy. We went to the Zoo on Memorial Day. It rained. We went hiking in Leesburg. It rained. We went on a picnic. It rained and I got bit by ticks. I think you get the general theme. All in all, though, I've been in good humor. I got to spend time with my nephew, who I barely get to see, and say goodbye to my family. My mom already took a flight back to Cincinnati yesterday because she had to get back to work.
Tomorrow's agenda, pack and fly. Yes, I haven't packed yet. I'm not a procrastinator, I'm just a minimalist about using my time;) I don't fly out until 6pm and when I get to LAX I have to wait until 1AM coastal time until my plane for Tapei leaves. Technically that means I still have another full day in America left, but anyone who's ever traveled through airports knows that they are their own country.
Since it will probably be a few before I can update again, here's what's up: Flying into Hanoi, finding a bus to Cat Ba Island, finding a hotel, sleeeeeeeeping, and then rock climbing! Can't wait to share.
PAZ.

2 comments:

  1. travel blogs are so cliche, sergey. i'm almost disappointed.

    when you do get set up, I'll come visit and we'll have to go climbing.

    there's a lot of rock in korea, i just haven't made it out of the cities yet (they're just too friggin big, there's still so much i haven't seen). have a safe trip man.

    will

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kahn family way: HUGE UMBRELLAS

    ReplyDelete