Friday, October 21, 2011

Commence Operation: TEA

It has been over a month since I've last posted, my apologies for the infrequency of posts.  I still intend to finish up my  rough guide to Yunnan, but perhaps an update about where I am and what I'm doing right now is in order.


Since our return from China back to Saigon I have not gone back to my job as an English teacher.  While my time as a teacher was enjoyable, after two years I've realized that it's not the career for me.  Teaching English is a great way to live abroad and I may go back to it in the future but not in Saigon.  No, if I stay in this city it has to be for something much more.  Frankly, after two years Daphne and I are ready for a change of scenery but there is still something special about Saigon that can't be ignored.  This is a place of opportunity like few other places in the world.  I have decided to give Saigon another chance by steering my life here in a direction of my own choosing.  The result?
Operation: TEA

My love for tea is no mystery for those who know me and now I've taken it to a new level.  I have started a company that will import high quality whole leaf teas to Vietnam and host tea tasting events.  It is a self-funded, self-run project.  Everything from packaging to website design and coding is done by me personally.

Am I crazy? Maybe.  I've just started up two weeks ago, my tea is on sale at two locations in the city and I'm hosting my first tea tasting as Operation: TEA tomorrow afternoon.  It's a start and there's still much more to do.  The next few months are going to be busy, but hopefully fun as well.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is awesome Sergey! I actually recently applied for a job at Teavana :). I am looking to expand my tea knowledge.

    ReplyDelete