Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Month Can Happen in a Week

I'm back in Saigon. And I suppose explanations are in order. But those of you that know me well know that I'm not very open when it comes to personal matters, keeping an up to date blog is hard enough as it is. So I'll let you, the reader, draw the conclusions. The last month worth of blog entries have included a very special character. Daphne, who I met during the CELTA program, was supposed to leave for Saigon on Monday and head onward on her travels. First, a month in Europe, then India, Cambodia, etc. And she did. First in Singapore for a few days to catch up with family and from there she had a ticket to Amsterdam. But, we both agreed that we weren't done with each other. That's why I had to go to Singapore. That's why she's here with me now.
For the moment, that's all I really can write on the subject, as it already scratches at my comfort level for public exposure. But here are a few pictures from my stay. I didn't do much tourist stuff, other than go to the zoo, which is known as the best in the world for good reason. Singapore is...an interesting city. It's development is so well organized and clean. Urban, but with plenty of green and the buildings aren't all cluttered together. It is expensive though, especially drinking, but what can you expect from a metropolitan country that has to import practically everything.
Anyways:




[There's a lot of this kind of openness at the zoo]


[Daphne's niece Zenna. Makes me miss my cousin Yana a lot]

As for the remainder of the Hoi An blog, I'll finish it up with one more post tomorrow. In other news, I got hired by ILA Vietnam as a teacher, I'll have my induction sometime later this week. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment